Google Fiber in Kansas City
More Resources for Bridging the Digital Divide
- Pew Internet and American Life Project - The Pew Foundation project produces reports exploring the impact of the internet on families, communities, work and home, daily life, education, health care, and civic and political life.
- Bridge the Digital Divide – CNET Networks International Media has partnered with UK charity Computer Aid International, to undertake the effort of bridging the digital divide between the developed world and the developing world.
- Digital Divide Network – the Internet’s largest community for educators, activists, policy makers and concerned citizens working to bridge the digital divide.
- DigitalLiteracy.gov -The Digital Literacy portal is an initiative of the Obama Administration to serve as a valuable resource to practitioners who are delivering digital literacy training and services in their communities.
- Digital Literacy Corps thousands of students have participated in a statewide since 2003.
- e-Vermont iConnect – training to improve skills for working with Internet beginners.This training helps participants communicate effectively and efficiently as they walk beginners through specific online tasks, like navigating a website, filling out an online application, or opening an e-mail account. It also shows participants how to connect beginners with the resources they need to continuing learning and become comfortable navigating the online world on their own.
- Net Literacy working for digital literacy and digital inclusion while providing our student volunteers job skills, life skills, and an opportunity to serve our community